Our Mission Statement
Our Mission statement is also the preamble to the bylaws of this church.
We the members of the First Spiritualist Church of Puyallup, in order to form a more perfect and peaceful working organization, establish intelligent co-operation, insure harmonious action and financial success, promote the education and protection of healers mediums and speakers, promote the general welfare of the cause and secure the blessings of liberty as people, hereby establish the bylaws of the First Spiritualist Church of Puyallup.
Statement of Peace
We believe all people are the children of God, each with a divine spark of God in all individuals, and to strike out against another human being or to aid in the destruction of such persons is directly against our declaration of principals. Therefore, we are opposed to all wars and violence. We work to alleviate suffering, to work for reconciliation and to promote justice.
Declaration of Principals
Our Core Beliefs
1. We believe in Infinite Intelligence.
2. We believe that the phenomena of Nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence.
3. We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith, constitute true religion.
4. We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continue even after the change called death.
5. We affirm that communication with the so-called dead is a fact.
6. We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.”
7. We affirm that the moral responsibility of the individual and that we make our own happiness or unhappiness as we obey or disobey Nature’s physical and spiritual laws.
8. We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any human soul here or hereafter.
9. We affirm that the precepts of Prophecy and Healing contained in the Bible and other Sacred texts are Divine Attributes.